As a pet owner, have you struggled to find the right housing for you and your animal companion? So many rental properties don’t allow pets, and even those that do may not offer everything your pet needs to live a happy life.
That’s why we are so happy to be a pet-friendly apartment community! Pets can help us become physically and emotionally healthier and make new friends. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of pet ownership at Le Med Apartments.
Pets Help You Be Healthier
Beyond encouraging you to get out and walk more, do pets bring their owners other health benefits? Absolutely! Here are just a couple from Fetch by WebMD:
- People who have never owned a cat are 40 percent more likely to die of a heart attack than those who have.
- Children living with a dog or cat are less likely to develop allergies.
- Pet owners have lower blood pressure and heart rates at rest than people without pets.
Looking for a boost in physical health? Getting a dog or cat may be the way to go!
Pets Boost Mental Health
If you’ve ever snuggled a sweet furry friend, you probably noticed that you felt happier and calmer. And science backs this up! Studies have found lots of mental health benefits of pet ownership, including the following:
- Better self-esteem
- Greater sense of identity, self-worth, and meaning
- Happier, more optimistic outlook
- Stronger emotional regulation skills
- More empathy and feelings of trust toward others
Whether you are watching fish serenely gliding around their aquarium or playing fetch with a delighted dog, pets can give your emotions and mental health a boost towards greater happiness.
Pets Lead You to New Human Friends
When you have a pet, it’s easier to make connections with others who also have pets. If you take your dog to a dog park, for example, you might just make human friends while your dog makes dog friends! We have a couple of great dog parks nearby: South Hills Park in Glendora and Central Bark Dog Park in West Covina, just to name two.
What to Know about Our Pet-Friendly Apartment Community
If you are thinking about moving to Le Med, or if you are already a resident and would like to get a pet, we are so excited for you! Here are some of our regulations to keep in mind:
- There is a 25-pound weight limit for pets.
- Dogs and Cats are allowed.
- We have breed restrictions due to size and behavior traits.
- Small animals, like hamsters, guinea pigs, birds, and reptiles, must be caged and kept in a sanitary condition.
- Additional or other pets must be approved by our management team.
- Only authorized pets with the owner’s approval are allowed on the premises.
While outside of your apartment with your dog, we ask that you keep your dog on a leash. We also have Pet Waste Stations located throughout the property, making it easy to pick up after your pet!
With all the positives that come from having a pet, we are so glad to be a pet-friendly apartment community. If you have any questions, reach out to us today! We’re happy to chat and see how we can make your experience even better.